Physiotherapy & Sports Physiotherapy
|Physiotherapy is an allied health profession that deals with the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that cause joint pain, muscle pain, movement disorders, sports injuries, fitness and work injuries and musculoskeletal dysfunctions. Physiotherapists can help treat and prevent many of the painful medically related physical discomforts that you may encounter throughout life.|
• How does physiotherapy help?
• Is physiotherapy the right treatment for me?
What does a Physio do?
The average physiotherapy session varies from 30 minutes to 1 hour, with most patients receiving a structured series of exercise and stretches to do at home to complement their treatment in our physiotherapy clinic. All our treatments are one-on-one in private treatment rooms - we never see more than one patient at a time. You do not need a Doctor’s referral to see our Physiotherapists and health funds will pay a rebate for part of the cost of your physio consultation.
How does physiotherapy help?
Physio Fitness therapists are experts in the prevention of all kinds of injury, particularly sports injuries. We work with Personal Trainers and health club practitioners and provide advice or complement training techniques in preventing injury. Our physiotherapists will discuss any important lifestyle factors such as training programs, sporting goals, workstation setups and postural correction to help prevent problems from recurring or better still, from happening in the first place. In many cases there is more than one cause of your pain, especially if it is a chronic or recurring problem. All our Physiotherapists are Workcover approved.
Is it for me?
If you have sustained a significant injury, our Physiotherapists will assess the extent of the injury and if necessary refer you onto a specialist.
We work closely with personal trainers to specifically customise fitness programs and specific exercise training to enable you to reach your goals. It’s not just for those who are injured. Many people come to see our Physiotherapists for assessment, advice and instruction on improvement of their posture, muscle imbalances and strengthening.
Our Physiotherapists treat a very wide range of injuries and conditions including;
• Sports, Training and Fitness Injuries
• Back and Neck Pain, Disc Bulges and sciatica
• Headaches, migraines and whiplash
• Shoulder Pain and Rotator cuff injuries and dislocations
• Knee Ligament tears and patella-femoral pain
• Ankle sprains, Achilles tendonitis and Foot pain, Biomechanical problems and Shin Splints
• Muscle strains, Imbalances and Muscle re-education
• Recovery from Fractures, Orthopaedic and Reconstructive Surgery, Arthritis and Joint replacements
• Pre and post natal conditions
• Hip pain and Sacro-iliac dysfunctions
• Upper limb work-related problems and overuse problems
Initial Consultation (60min) $136 to $150