Physio Fitness Australia is bound by the National Privacy Principles contained in the Privacy Act 1988. If you provide us with information about your health, we also strive to ensure that our handling of that information complies with applicable State and Territory health records legislation.
1. What personal information does Physio Fitness Australia collect and why?
Physio Fitness Australia collects personal information from it’s clients, contractors, employees, and people we do business with.
Physio Fitness Australia needs personal information:
- to provide it’s clients with personalised health services; and
- to conduct our business (eg to administer accounts, charge fees and to communicate with our clients and business contacts).
To illustrate, the personal information we collect about our clients includes:
- Identification Information, including each client's name, address, contact details (including telephone numbers and email address), date of birth, memberships details
- Health information, including injury areas and information we collect in the course of treatment. Health information is a sensitive form of personal information, so we only collect it with your consent, and we only collect what we need;
We need this personal information to provide professional health services, and is collected from application forms, and when client attend our clinics and communicate with us through our website.
We also collect:
- Business Contact Information from and about our suppliers and other people we do business with (eg our landlords). This information is needed so that we can manage our business;
2. How does Physio Fitness Australia use personal information?
As indicated, we use personal information to provide health services, to manage and administer client accounts and to operate our business.
For example, if you are a client, will use your personal information to process your registration, charge you treatment fees and administer your account. We will also use your personal information to communicate with you, including answering any enquires you may have.
Unless you tell us otherwise, we may also use clients' personal information to mail out special promotions, newsletters and other marketing material.
For instance, Physio Fitness Australia may mail its clients information about its own promotions, or those offered by our business partners. If you don't want us to do this, we give you an opportunity to "opt out" from receiving such material on our registration form. However, you can opt out at any time by contacting our administration team).
3. Does Physio Fitness Australia share my personal information with anyone else?
Physio Fitness Australia will disclose your personal information in a few different ways.
Like most businesses, sometimes we outsource or "contract out" specific health services from time to time, and this may mean that our contractors see your personal information. For instance, sometimes we may engage IT contractors to maintain our databases. All our contractors are subject to strict confidentiality obligations, which means that they are authorised only to use personal information in order to provide the services or to perform the functions required by us.
We will disclose personal information if we are under a legal requirement to do so (eg under a court order, or if required under legislation), or if an authorised request is made from a law enforcement agency.
Otherwise, we will only disclose personal information with the consent of the relevant individuals. For example, if you are a client, with your consent (and only with your consent):
- we may provide personal information to Fitness First's personal trainers (employed or contractors) to assist you to improve your health, fitness and well being, and so they can advise you which fitness programs are suitable for you. Of course, all our employees are required to keep your personal information confidential also; and
- we may disclose personal information to our business partners so that they can contact you directly with special offers, discounts or other client benefits.
4. How can I access my Personal Information?
Privacy laws give you rights to seek access to the personal information we hold about you.
You can seek access by writing to our Administration Manager (see contact details at section 8 below). Generally, we should be able to provide you with access within a month of your request, although we may need more time if your request is complicated. Ordinarily, Physio Fitness Australia will not charge you for the cost of providing access to your personal information. However, if we do propose to charge you, we will advise you of the relevant charge before we provide you with access.
We try to ensure that all the personal information that we hold about you is accurate, complete and up-to-date. However, we rely on you to help us with this. If you wish to update or correct the personal information we hold about you, please write to our Administration Manager. We will contact you if there is any issue about amending the record of personal information we hold about you.
If you wish to discuss our method of providing access or correction to personal information, please contact our Administration Manager with your query.
5. Is my Personal Information kept secure?
Physio Fitness Australia takes reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information we hold is stored in a secure environment protected from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. We remind our staff and contractors of the importance of storing personal information in a secure way, and to treat it like confidential information.
Physio Fitness Australia only offers its health services to clients, and it is not possible to become a client of Physio Fitness Australia without providing Physio Fitness Australia with the personal information that is requested in our registration form.
We may be able to answer telephone questions without collecting personal information about you, but if you would like receive health services in our clinics, we need your personal information.
7. Website/online privacy
Generally, Physio Fitness Australia will handle personal information collected online consistently with the way that it handles personal information collected offline. Other matters specific to Physio Fitness Australia’s handling of personal information online are set out below.
When you visit our website, we will not collect any personal information unless you chose to provide it to us (e.g. by sending us emails through our website). However, we may collect certain data that does not identify you (sometimes called "web log information") when you visit certain pages, such as the type of browser and operating system you have. We may also use "cookies" which are small files that are stored on your computer and that manage the security and navigation process of the site. You can choose to block these cookies but some portions of the site may not function correctly if you do. This type of data is collected for statistical purposes only, and while cookies will identify your computer, they are unlikely to identify you personally.
b) Email/SMS marketing
We will not email or SMS you marketing material unless you have consented to this. This is a requirement of the Spam Act 2003. Further, you can unsubscribe from our e-newsletter or other bulletins by using the "unsubscribe" facility contained in each electronic publication we send.
c) Site security policy
Our website uses up-to-date technology to maximise the security of your personal information.
8. Contact details and other information
- by letter: Administration Manager, Physio Fitness Australia, P.O. Box 735, Bondi Junction, NSW, 1355;
- by telephone: (02) 9989 9100; or
- by email to email@example.com